Albuquerque Birth Injury Attorneys
Demanding Justice for You & Your Child
When a child is born with an injury due to a medical provider’s mistakes, it leads to both life-changing consequences for the entire family and complicated legal challenges. At McGinn Montoya Love & Curry, we are here to support you however we can with comprehensive and compassionate legal counsel and representation. Our Albuquerque birth injury lawyers are ready to act for you in and out of court while also being true friends to you during this difficult time. Let’s stand together and make sure that you and your child are given the compensation and justice that you deserve.
On This Page:
- Common Causes of Birth Injuries
- Birth Injury Cases We Handle
- How a Birth Injury Claim Can Help
- Standing Up for Your Family When It Counts the Most
Let’s talk about building your birth injury case. Call (505) 405-4441.
At the root of any birth injury case is a medical provider’s mistake or act of negligence. From doctors and nurses in the delivery room to obstetricians who treated the pregnant mother, many different types of medical professionals can be the direct or indirect cause of birth injuries. We know how to investigate the situation to determine what went wrong and who should be liable for it.
Different forms of mistakes that cause birth injuries include:
- Misusing forceps and vacuum extractors.
- Failing to check for signs of fetal distress.
- Not performing a necessary, emergency C-section.
- Pulling unsafely on the infant during delivery.
- Administering Pitocin in unsafe amounts.
- Not reviewing the mother’s medical records before delivery.
The parties who are responsible for the mistake can vary, which means we might file against several different defendants. It is not unusual for the defendants to include an individual medical practitioner as well as the medical institution that hired them.
You can trust our abilities and experiences as Albuquerque birth injury attorneys to effectively handle your case. We can work on a variety of different birth injury cases, so we can be your first choice of legal counsel, no matter what happened.
Our team can work on claims that involve the following and more:
- Cerebral palsy
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- Shoulder dystocia
- Birth asphyxia
- Brain bleed
- Failure to perform a necessary C-section
- Fetal monitoring failure
- Forceps and vacuum extraction injury
- Placental abruption
- Umbilical cord compression
We can work with third-party medical experts to get in-depth information about your child’s birth injury and how it will most likely affect them in the future. Using our many years of working on catastrophic injury claims, we can also calculate how much it will likely cost to raise and care for your child based on the disabilities or challenges that the birth injury has caused. Taking these extra steps allows us to more accurately calculate the full amount of damages that you should be provided by the defendant.
Just the thought of starting a birth injury claim can feel emotionally exhausting. However, we urge you to at least talk to our law firm about what it takes to file and pursue a claim. There are so many potential benefits that a birth injury claim or lawsuit can bring. We don’t want you to miss out on them because a case sounds like too much work for you to manage right now. After all, we are here to handle your case completely, so none of the difficult and legal steps fall on you.
Three important benefits that a birth injury claim can bring are:
- Compensation: You could be looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars—or more—just in special medical care needed for your child due to a birth injury. The compensation that you can demand through a claim can cover past and future medical and care expenses, even including costs that will be incurred many years from now. A claim can also compensate you for other economic losses, pain, suffering, and more. Money cannot undo what happened to your child, but it can help your family feel stable as you move forward from the incident.
- Peace of mind: When a birth injury case ends in your favor, it can bring your entire family peace of mind and confidence in the future again. There is no price that can be placed on the feeling that everything will be all right, no matter how things might feel right now.
- Improved medical practices: Importantly, every birth injury claim has the potential to change the negligent behavior of the medical practitioner and institution involved. If the case leads to legal changes, then it can help make medical care improvements across New Mexico or the country. Your decision to start a birth injury claim could benefit not just your family but countless other families. It would be our honor to handle a case with such importance and magnitude.
You will face significant legal and emotional challenges when dealing with the aftermath of a birth injury. You do not need to face them alone, though. Our Albuquerque birth injury attorneys are never far. If you need help, reach out to us right away. Standing up for locals who have been seriously injured or whose lives will never be the same due to someone else’s negligence is what we are truly passionate about.
Medical Malpractice $67.3 Million
Wrongful Death $52 Million
Trucking Crash $18.9 Million
Medical Malpractice $9 Million
Medical Malpractice $7.8 Million
Wrongful Death $6 Million
Wrongful death $3.7 Million
Medical Device Defect $2 Million
Trucking Crash 8-Figure Settlement
Wrongful Death Amount is Confidential
It's All About the Mission
Our goal is to use the law as a force for good. We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we strive to create lasting change that makes our world a safer place.
Prepare Every Case for Trial
We believe when you lead with confidence, you've won before you started; therefore, by fighting from a position of strength, we know that cases are more likely to settle for a fair amount.
Because every case is unique, we never apply a one-size-fits-all approach. We take the time to know our clients and prepare personalized strategies that yield the greatest success.
35 Years of Experience
Since 1985, we have been helping ordinary citizens hold insurance companies and corporate wrongdoers accountable, while securing the compensation our clients deserve.